Pictures » auschwitz » 'sorting'

'sorting'

November 16, 2010 - Oswiecim, Poland

as soon as they arrived at birkenau, victims were 'sorted'; those that could work (mainly men) were sent to bunk houses (about 25% of those who arrived) and the other 75% (elderly, women and children) were sent to the gas chambers. they were told they were just taking a shower to be disinfected (this did happen to those who were fit to work) but instead stripped off their clothes, were herded into a gas chamber, were killed, and their bodies were burned. the ashes were strewn on the fields for fertilizer or in ponds.

'sorting'

« fences and barracks

watch tower »

Leave a comment

* Name:
* Email: (won't be displayed)
Website:
* Comment:
Fuzzy Travel · Next »
Create blog · Login